Background

Thursday, September 12, 2013

About Me

Hello! Welcome to my blog, A Traveler's Dream.

I started this blog because I am studying abroad in England this year (2013-14) at a school called Capernwray Bible School. It is an international school that hosts about 200 students every year. The school is part of Torchbearers International and was one of the founding schools. It is located in northern England in the county of Lancashire. School starts on 28 September and runs until 13 June if you decide to stay the full year, which I have. I decided to pursue Capernwray as a one year option prior to university because I am a Christian and have a love for my Lord and Savior and desire to know more about Him. If you would like to know more about Capernwray, you can visit their webpage here

But, Capernwray is not the only thing in my life. I hail from Delafield, Wisconsin, a very nice suburb of Milwaukee. I live with my mother, Joyce, my father, Mike, my two sisters, Mikaela and Elise, and my crazy spastic golden doodle, Bella. I love them all with my whole heart. I am the middle child, Mikaela is two years older than me, and Elise is four years younger. I am also blessed to live within ten miles of three of my aunts and my grandparents. These families hold 7 of my 9 cousins on my mom's side. I love each and every one of them as if they were my own siblings and often see them as if they were. My remaining two maternal cousins currently reside in London with my aunt and uncle. They have lived there for the past four years and have enjoyed their time there immensely. They are scheduled to return to the states within a year or so. But not before I come to school just a mere three hours north of them!

Other than spending time with my family at our frequent parties and get-togethers, I enjoy hanging out with my friends, reading, blogging, and art. And this is where the DIY portion of my blog started. For those of you who are not familiar with what a DIY is, it is a Do It Yourself project. They can vary from plant-related to home decor, and from repurposing to creating from scratch. If you are interested, you can visit the DIY projects portion of my blog. But, my love for art did not start with DIY projects. All through grade school I loved art. My mom signed me up for tons of drawing classes and painting classes and the like. I enjoyed them, but I always loved playing with clay and doing more three-dimensional projects more. I entered high school at Kettle Moraine HS, and had to pick my classes. I was excited to find out that they had decided to split their freshman art class into 2-D (drawing/paint/etc) and 3-D (wire/plaster/clay/etc). I promptly signed up for the 3-D class and shocked my mom. I told her that I really didn't like drawing and much preferred to sculpt. Today, we still laugh about all the 2D classes she stuck me in. 

Apart from art, I also love volleyball. My sister, Mikaela, is a junior in college and plays for a division two school in Minnesota called Winona State Univerity. My little sister, Elise, is a freshman in high school this year at Lake Country Lutheran HS. She plays for Junior Varsity and occasionally Varsity which is quite impressive. They are both much better than I ever was, but I do enjoy volleyball recreationally. I also am part of a triathlon team called Race for Patch. The team was founded about a year and a half ago as a memorial to my friend, Patrick. I am not such a fan of running, and, though I love the water, I am not a particularly good swimmer. But I do sincerely enjoy biking. I am excited to get back into it when I get home from England. 

So, now that I have told you a bit about myself, please explore my blog and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment