Background

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wow!

Hello my lovelies!

Well I'm missing my art a lot right now. I really want to post another DIY for all you independent people out there, but I have no supplies! Gah! I'm working on it, though. I will do my best to find a few and just stock up on supplies next time I'm in town.

But on a more interesting note than my shopping plans, I went to Scotland two weeks ago. We left from Capernwray on Friday (the 1st) in the morning and arrived in Edinburgh, Scotland at around 3 in the afternoon. We spent the rest of that day just walking around and exploring. We walked down the Royal mile and found a pub to eat at for dinner, and just hung out. I was pretty wiped so we ended up heading back to the hostel at a pretty reasonable hour and I watched How to Train Your Dragon and then went to bed. Great movie.
The next day, we just sort of explored. We didn't have anything specific planned so we walked around and ended up going in and seeing a church. Then we grabbed some lunch at a little cafe called Hula. I had some delicious soup and a bagel toastie. It was the perfect lunch to warm me up on that rainy day. After lunch we saw Edinburgh Castle. It was pretty fun. Laura, Marissa, Christian, Sierra, and I weren't really in the museum mood, though, so we ended up reading maybe six signs and laughing our way through the rest of the castle. A little heads up: it's not a traditional castle. It's more of a conglomeration of buildings that served various purposes in their day. We ended up watching the sunset from the castle and then heading out to buy groceries so we could make dinner. It was a nice day, and I snuggled in and watched Pirates of the Caribbean that evening.
Sunday morning, there was a large group of students from school going to a local church. So we all attended and it was a really nice service. It was good to be in the natural swing of church again because church at Capernwray doesn't have the same feel of getting up and actually driving to the church that you spend one or so days at every day. It gives church a different feel when you are not there all the time. The rest of that day, I spent walking to and hiking up Arthur's Seat. It is a big bluff that overlooks the city and it was really pretty. I enjoyed it a lot.
Monday, was the day to go home. I was sad to be leaving my mini vacation, but I missed home. I missed my Capernwray family. I missed coming home to my roommate family in the evenings. So, even though I enjoyed my time, I really realised how much I love the place where I'm at right now. I love my surroundings and the people and my life. God is so prevalent in everything here and I am just happy. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment